LLPVRC Board of Examiners

P O Box 14806, Baton Rouge, LA 70898

225-922-1435 phone /

Frequently Asked Questions

When do I need to turn in my continuing education hours?

All counselors need to have 30 hours of CEU’s in a two-year period. The Continuing Education Units are due by July 31, of even years (Example: For the period August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2022, 30 CEU’s needed by July 31, 2022).  CEUs will only be accepted during the renewal period.  The Board will no longer provide tracking updates regarding CEU submissions.  It is the licensee's responsibility to submit and track the submission of CEUs.  The Board will provide an update of how many CEUs have been received only in the renewal confirmation letter that will be submitted to the licensee via email with a digital license card. 

How do I get program approved for continuing education?

Download Continuing Education Approval Packet in pdf format.

How do I get an LRC license?

You can download an application from our website. You need to have a Masters degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or a related field. Possible related degrees are:

  • Clinical or Counseling Psychology

  • Professional Guidance & Counseling

  • Rehabilitation Studies (O.T. and P.T. excluded)

  • Special Education (as determined by the Board)

You will need to fill out the forms and submit $200. You will need certified transcript from your college.

I need to get a copy of Rules and Regulations, Licensing Act and/or Standards and Ethics. How to I get them?

You can download them from the Forms & Literature page or call the Board office and one will be mailed to you.

How do I learn if someone is a licensed vocational rehabilitation counselor?

Please review the Board's web site under Licensee Database to know the status of a vocational rehabilitation counselor. You may also contact the Board's office to obtain this information.


I am provisionally licensed counselor and am not working at the moment. What do I do?

You can go on Inactive status for up to one year. We must receive something in writing asking to go on Inactive status. You must go back to work in the field by the end of one year or lose your license.

I used to hold a license and let it lapse. Can I get another one?

You must go through the whole application process again. You will need to send an application to the Board and wait for the Board to approve it. The Board meets each quarter and decides if applicants meet the requirements. Even if you were fully licensed, you will need to go through the supervision process all over again.

When will the next Exam be given?

The LLPVRC Board of Examiners utilizes the CRC exam as it's licensure exam. We follow the CRC Exam schedule. Exams are given twice a year, in April and October. The LRC Board Office will schedule you to take the exam. Please submit your written request to take the exam to the Board Office by fax, email, or USPS.

NOTE: Just because you are taking the CRC exam does not translate to becoming CRC if you are not taking the exam for that purpose. You will need to register separately with CRC and meet their criteria if that is your intent.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software